Contraceptive Choice and Use
- Review and download our (English) PATH4YOU birth control option chart or in Spanish here
- The U.S. Selected Practice Recommendations (US SPR) for Contraceptive Use, 2016 addresses many common, as well as controversial or complex, issues regarding initiation and use of specific contraceptive methods, including LARC.
- Partners in Contraceptive Choice & Knowledge (PICCK) has many provider resources, including a Toolkit for providing contraception during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Patient Education Materials Toolkit from PICCK
- One pagers for most method types that are patient friendly and easy to read!
- “Quick Start” Algorithm to guide providers in how/when to start birth control methods
Pre-Conception Counseling/Health Care
- CDC Contraceptive Guidance for Health Care Providers and The United States Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use, 2016 (US MEC) includes guidance documents, provider tools (including the CDC: Contraception App for Android & iOS), and other resources, including a wall-chart summary and hand-held wheel for easy reference
- Providing Quality Family Planning Services (QFP)
Adolescents and LARC
- Adolescent Sexual Health and LARC information from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- Long-Acting Reversible Contraception: Specific Issues for Adolescents
- LARC Statement of Principles
- Advocates for Youth – they engage young people to lead. They have great stuff on sex ed, contraception and abortion access.
- AMAZE.org – they take the awkward out of sex-ed.
- Locations and Prices for Vasectomies in Marion County
- Resource to teach someone how to do self-injection for DMPA-SC
- Patient information for DMPA-SC
- Another video for how to inject DMPA-SC
- English version of Sub Q Depo Instructions
- Spanish version of Sub Q Depo Instructions